IVF – ICSI in Mumbai
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is one of the key treatment processes which is brought into use within the laboratory while treating certain Male Infertility issues during the IVF treatment process. This starts with placing a single sperm right into the cytoplasm of a fully developed egg (oocyte), while using a special microinjection pipette (glass needle) during the whole process. After the sperm has been injected into the egg, the rest of the development and embryo transfer processes would stay the same as in general IVF cases. This process works best for patients with subfertile semen parameters like decreased count, motility, or morphology.
ICSI is a great boon for all male patients with poor semen quality issues. Following is a list of cases where Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI Treatment) works better than any other treatment.
- Oligospermia – A Medical condition that indicates low sperm count in males.
- Asthenozoospermia – A situation where male sperm motility is very poor.
- Teratozoospermia – A medical condition that refers to increased abnormal sperm morphology.
- Medical issues in relation to binding of sperms and egg penetration.
- A medical situation where a large number of anti-sperm antibodies are present (immune or protective proteins which facilitate the connection and destruction of sperms) and obstructing the Fertilization process.
- A situation where the patient has experienced constant fertilization failure while going through conventional IVF culture and fertilization techniques.
- A medical condition where a limited number of frozen sperms with average quality has been collected before the commencement of cancer treatment.
Azoospermia along with disruptive pathology– This also helps during the cases with blocked or abnormal ejaculatory ducts which are obstructing a proper sperm movement from the testes. During the process, sperm is first acquired from the epididymis while using a microsurgical epididymal sperm aspiration (MESA) or from the testes by testicular sperm extraction (TESE).
ICSI has also helped all the azoospermic men who were earlier approaching the sperm bank for their Sperm related issues.