Female Infertility Treatment in Mumbai
Infertility is a health issue that has impacted almost 1 out of every 6 couples around the world. Female infertility treatment in Mumbai after a proper diagnosis of the condition is recommended for couples who have tried to conceive by having unprotected sex for a year without getting any success. Also, a situation where infertility issues have been found in the female partner, it’s been often termed female infertility.
Female infertility further accounts for almost 40 % of total infertility cases.
Symptoms of female infertility:
The most common changes in the menstrual cycle and ovulation may be the prominent signs of being infertile. Other symptoms include-
An unusual menstrual cycle includes heavy or light bleeding than usual, irregular periods, no periods at all or sudden stops in the cycle, and pain during periods- cramps and pain in the back or pelvis area.
Weight gain: Unusual weight gain without any reason.
Loss of hair or thinning.
Changes in the sex drive.
Pain during sex.
Causes of Female Infertility:
There can be so many reasons why a woman can be struggling with getting pregnant. Most commonly you can look out for the following symptoms
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) – This is the most common health problem caused due to imbalance in the reproductive hormones. These imbalances create issues in the ovaries thus hindering the initiation of conception.
- Fallopian tube damage – Scarring in the fallopian tubes may lead to the prevention of pregnancy by stopping the egg from traveling to the uterus. The damage in the fallopian tube can be due to previous surgery, previous tubal pregnancy, endometriosis (a condition where the tissue that covers the inside of the uterus, grows outside it), or a bacterial infection in the pelvis.
- Premature Menopause – It is the loss of menstruation and depletion of ovarian follicles in a woman before she reaches the age of 40. Signs like heavy or light periods, irregular periods, bladder sensitivity, lowered sex drive and inability to sleep depict that.
- Age – The quality and quantity of a woman’s egg begin to decline after a certain age. Usually, in mid 30’s it is said that the rate of follicle loss speeds up resulting in fewer and poorer quality eggs. This results in a difficult conception and an increased risk of miscarriage.
Diagnosis of female infertility:
The first step in diagnosing female infertility is checking whether the ovulation is occurring at the correct intervals. On the release of the egg, sex hormones show a shift which can be checked through the following tests:
- Checking the early morning core body temperature – Body temperature is measured early morning and a slightly higher temperature is observed right after ovulation.
- Predicting your ovulation – This is a test done to predict ovulation, which exactly tells you if you are ready to ovulate or ready to ovulate.
- Changes in vaginal mucus – Changes in the consistency and appearance of mucus show that ovulation has occurred.
Some more tests that are done to check the physical organs are:
Hysterosalpingogram – The test is done using a radio-opaque dye instilled in the uterus and is performed in a radiology suite. The test is done to check if any partial or complete blockage of fallopian tubes exists or not. This test further also exposes the presence of polyps and fibroid tumors in the uterus.
Ultrasound – An ultrasound is done to check the size and shape of the uterus. The uterine lining and cavity are seen and any abnormality can be found at the initial stages. The ovary size is identified along with the presence of any cyst in or around the organ.
Hysteroscopy and Laparoscopy – These are highly advanced surgical tests done to check the inside of your reproductive organs. A video camera is used by the gynecologist to view the organs and check for abnormalities.
A few other tests are done:
Ovarian reserve testing is used to find out how effective the eggs are after ovulation.
Genetic testing is used to check for any genetic abnormality.
A chlamydia test is done to check the need for any antibiotic treatment, thyroid test is to check the hormonal balance.
Why choose us for female infertility treatment in Mumbai?
Here at Global Fertility Solutions, we understand that Infertility would be bringing along one of the most stressful situations for you to tackle in both physical and emotional terms. That’s where we come forward to provide you with all kinds of support from “Start to end” while taking care of your comfort and convenience in the process. Our expert team of physicians & embryologists is led by our Founder & Scientific Director, Goral Gandhi who is backed by more than 25 years of experience in the field. This huge and rich experience ensures only the best treatment and service on board for our valued clients worldwide.